A step by step tutorial on how to fix Battelfield 3 connection problems.
1. Have another security program such as AVG and enable their firewall.
2. Go to, Control Panel
3. Click, System & Security
4. Click, Turn Windows Firewall on or off. This well be located on the left side.
5. Under the first section which should be labeled Home or Work, click turn off firewall.
6. Do the same with Public network location settings if you want to play Battelfield 3 in those areas.
7. Click Ok.
8. Always run BF3 as Administrator through right click.
9. Game well or should now connect.
Windows firewall blocks or has issues with BF3 so you have to disable it if you want to play. You can always turn it back on the same way. Just check on.
REMEMBER TO HAVE ANOTHER SECURITY SOFTWARE WITH THEIR FIREWALL ENABLED